Colt Canada Corporation
Colt Canada Corporation
Having the impact and playing the role that our Team Members do in the Global Defense industry certainly includes hard work, but with that comes great reward and payoff. The efforts of our teams ensure our products are relied upon with unwavering confidence in the most critical of situations. Along with hard work, comes the guarantee of fulfilling and purposeful work, among an elite team under a brand with insurmountable heritage and pride in both Canada and across the globe. Consider Colt Canada for your next career move for a unique opportunity to work alongside talented peers, strong leaders, and the best customers in the world that rely on us to support their missions.
POSITION TITLE: Technical Writer/Technologist
DEPARTMENT: Product Support Engineering (500)
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume to [email protected]
- Produce technical publications based on research material provided
- Ensure that text and illustrations are within customer specifications.
- Review and edit manuscripts and reproducible prior to submission.
- Assists in the design and layout of technical publications.
- Interface with customer and sub-contractors in all phases of publication production
- Support internal testing as required including setup, execution, measurements and cleanup
- Analyze, interpret and author reports on internal test data
- Administrative Reporting
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATONS:
- Diploma or Certificate in Technical Writing (or equivalent in work experience)
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience
- Must have, or be able to obtain Restricted Possession & Acquisition License
- Must be able to obtain clearance under the Controlled Goods Program and Industrial Security Program
- Strong word and data processing skills
- Experience designing websites and technical manuals using Adobe, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or similar
- Technical background and aptitude with an emphasis on Small Arms (DND Weapons Tech – Land an asset)
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Able to follow processes and instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, organized, team oriented
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES, CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment (Colt Canada and customer)
- Manufacturing, assembly, range and lab areas – PPE required
- Must be able to lift boxes and guns weighing up to 50lbs
- Domestic and international travel may be required (up to 5% of time)
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Colt Canada understands the value of having a diverse team and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity, and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Colt Canada strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.