POSITION TITLE: Assembler
WAGE RANGE: $17.20 – $20.00/hour + shift premium depending on experience, shift premium
DEPARTMENT: 300 – Stores
REPORTS TO: Shipping & Stores Supervisor
SHIFT AVAILABLE: Days (7am to 3pm) or Afternoons (2pm – 10pm)
- Unload trucks receive parts from delivery personnel.
- Receive and verify quantity of materials received.
- Unpack and verify Serial Numbers of weapons.
- Job and batch control of weapons.
- Find and pull parts from storage locations to issue to production floor.
- Use ERP system to perform material movement transactions (receipts, issues to Jobs, etc.)
- Ensure proper identification on all items in stores.
- Drive forklift and truck.
- Deliver parts to vendors and pick up parts as required.
- Assist stores keeper as required.
- Assist in shipping as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Forklift operation
- Valid G Class License
- Minimum 3 years’ professional driving experience (5-ton trucks)
- Flexible, able to work occasional overtime
- Experience working in an ISO certified environment
- Able to read/follow written work instructions
- RPAL Licensing – is an asset, ability to obtain RPAL is required
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Colt Canada understands the value of having a diverse team and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity, and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Colt Canada strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.