POSITION TITLE: Quality Control Inspector
WAGE RANGE: $22 – $26/hour based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control (200)
REPORTS TO: Senior Quality Manager
SHIFT AVAILABLE: Days (7am to 3pm)
- Perform receiving, in-process and completed inspections of products such as machined parts, mechanical assemblies, processed parts, and purchased standard hardware
- Ability to use and read micrometers and verniers (inside, outside, depth) non-dial type, dial bore gauges, radius gauges, thread gauges, snap and plug gauges, gauge blocks, ultrasonic thickness checker, hardness tester, profilometer, shadowgraph, protractors, telescopic gauges, height gauges, sine bar, and optical comparator.
- Ability to read and understand GD&T Drawings, product specifications and work instructions
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into the ERP system.
- Selection of appropriate inspection equipment, and gauges to perform Inspections.
- Tag and isolate defective material
- Provide description or justification for defective material.
- Assists in resolution teams at all levels with corrective and preventative action.
- Working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and algebra.
- Monitor inventory by completing daily quality inspections, report inferior quality to appropriate team for recommended action.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Identify and segregate non-conforming product
- Effectively meet operation schedule
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, Completion of a Quality related post-secondary program considered an asset
- 1-2 years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Training and work experience in various quality systems, blueprint reading, GD&T, metrology
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Colt Canada understands the value of having a diverse team and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity, and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Colt Canada strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.