POSITION TITLE: Quality Control Supervisor
PAY GRADE: Competitive Wages, Benefits and Pension
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control (200)
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
- Supervise Quality Control Inspector personnel responsible for exploration, raw materials testing, and finished product certification.
- Responsible to monitor performance and Quality Control department, practice 5S principles
- Manage Quality Control test laboratory and supervised all product quality functions.
- Direct day-to-day product quality-control testing and sample production activities, including FAI, RMA, and Production First offs, MRB
- Must manage inventory transactions in ERP system, by means of accept / fail criteria
- Coordinate with departmental, vendor and subcontractor contacts when necessary, Supplier management activities, including vendor audits
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiency. (Continuous Improvement Program)
- Generate excel based failure mode data analysis with progressive statistical process control (SPC), pareto charting for QC technicians to better monitor product quality trends. (ASQ ANSI S1 – Edition: 12, 2012 ,ASQ Z1.4 – Edition: 03, W/ REAF, 2018)
- Participate in investigations for process deviations, product quality errors and assist in implementation, containment, and corrective actions.
- Generate process maps, work instructions, procedures, and policies within department compliant to ISO 9001:2015
- Determine disposition of all nonconforming material including raw materials, in-process work and final assemblies. Disposition through NMR, MRB, DMR activities.
- Hire employees, perform annual evaluations, set goals and objectives, monitor education needs, manage, and coordinate the procurement of lab equipment.
- Perform lab equipment maintenance, validation and accuracy verified each month to ensure equipment within specifications. (Preventative Maintenance programs)
- Coordinate lab equipment calibration and implement safe lab operations.
- Review mechanical drawings to identify inspection and test criteria, generating ITPs for use
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvements by identifying process improvement opportunities and work with the Quality Team to implement change.
- Demonstrate expertise in quality control measuring equipment, managing, and executing production process required as Quality Control Supervisor for Firearm sector.
- Report daily on FPY, Priorities, FAI requirements, Scrap, Return to Vendor, MRB disposition, Supplier issues while interfacing with production supervisors, supporting KPI objectives
- Work closely with in-house purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing departments to reduce operating costs and maximize capacity to support deliverables.
- Perform process audits, workplace organization audits, safety audits, non-conforming material/scrap audits and housekeeping audits using 5S methodologies
- Review and approve First Article Inspections, responsible for Vendor FAI letters of compliance
- General administration and adherence to established departmental budgets
- Actively participate in incident investigations as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Demonstrate characteristics and qualities of a good leader
- Effective and timely management and participation of incoming inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection and vendor surveillance functions and the control of them through-out the factory
- Effective management of supplier corrective actions
- Timely and accurate reporting, including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual key performance indicators
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information within Epicor ERP, Quality Repository, Access, SharePoint, and Teams
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications (word, excel, teams, ppt, access, SharePoint, Visio)
- Post-secondary education in the quality management field or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a quality testing lab environment (use of various gauges, testing equipment, MPI, CMM, Analyzers, Scanners, Rockwell, other)
- Minimum 5 years’ Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices in an ISO Certified environment (9001:2015 preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Firearms Act (S.C. 1995, c. 39) in regards to Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal – all internal departments and employees
- Oversee/direct team of 7 employees
- External – various venders and suppliers, DND QAR
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES, CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment – Use of computer, keyboarding, sitting, analysis, attention to detail
- Manufacturing Environment (PPE Required) – lifting to 20lbs occasionally, 50/50 sitting/standing, moderate/loud work environment
- Travel – potential domestic travel, up to 15%
INTERNAL TRAINING NEEDS:
- Job Specific Training Criteria (Ref. HR F-013)
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.