Colt Canada Corporation
POSITION TITLE: Manufacturing Process Engineer
SALARY/BENEFITS: $60,000.00 – $65,000 annual to start, benefits from date of hire
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Engineering (120)
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Responsible for leading and participating in Continuous Improvement projects with emphasis on cost, time, and quality.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis, MRB, and Corrective Action planning as well as the implementation of solutions to issues found in Manufacturing.
- Author and edit work instructions for Machining and Assembly.
- Conduct time studies and monitor production data to create plans to address processes which do not meet efficiency standards.
- Employee training on new or improved processes and/or documentation.
- Assist with design and implementation of new processes and plant layouts.
- Implement safety and security improvements, while complying with regulatory requirements.
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- 3-year diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or Equivalent
- 5 Minimum years of experience required as a Process Engineer (or 10 years if no diploma)
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
- Experience with Solidworks and PDM an asset.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project (office 365 environment)
- MRP/ERP experience an asset
- Eligible to obtain Restricted Possession and Acquisition License required
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to communicate technical concepts and processes in a practical and easy to understand manner
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal – Work with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Product Design, IT and Operations to improve systems and processes as required.
- External – Work with Machine and Tooling vendors to make improvements in tooling, fixturing and machines as new technologies emerge.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES, CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment – specify activities keyboarding, sitting, problem solving, analysis.
- Manufacturing Environment (PPE Required) – 50% of time directly in production environment, 50% of time in office environment
- Range & Lab (PPE Required) – occasional time in the test range may be required.
- Travel – some travel may be required to customers or vendors (less than 5%, may include international)
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB:
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Colt Canada understands the value of having a diverse team and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity, and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Colt Canada strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.