POSITION TITLE: FP&A Manager – Contract (Minimum 9 months with potential extension)
DEPARTMENT: 800 (Administration)
REPORTS TO: President
- Direct and manage the annual budget process and report monthly variances to budget
- Create and develop the annual forecast monthly with collaborated data from all stakeholders
- Report on a regular basis regarding company status against, and ability to meet, its budget and forecast
- Analyze gross margin and departmental costs versus budget versus forecast for ascertaining financial performance, communicate finding to management
- Communicate and collaborate with departmental leaders to stay abreast of spending, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reports
- Investigate variances in the budget and forecast, reporting variances to key stakeholders and recommend measures to resolve variances
- Collect, interpret, and report financial data to provide the business information to make better business decisions
- Independently investigate financial data and business processes to discover cost savings and ensure financial and process compliance
- Develop and lead initiatives to identify revenue and costs variances and effectively communicate the finding with managers
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to financial reporting and operations, and ensure compliance
- Other duties as required
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Recognized accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) or (CPA) completed or near completion.
- Superior understanding of US GAAP and statutory accounting
- Minimum of seven (7) years or relevant, progressive accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of financial analysis experience in manufacturing
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Financial Management role.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business/Accounting/Finance
- Outstanding with Microsoft Excel and financial model development
- Experience data minding and report writing with EPICOR financial software
- Strong understanding of internal controls and their inter-relationships within business processes across all functional and operational areas and accounting information flow.
- Strong communicator with the ability to clearly articulate in verbal and written form, process control concepts for documentation, interviewing, facilitation and presentation, as well as good listening skills.
- Prior experience in manufacturing industry.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Superior organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal – Operations, Engineering, Finance, Senior Management
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES, CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment – majority of time spent working on a computer, sitting for long periods of time, walking in office to meet with other departments
- Manufacturing Environment (PPE Required) – may require some time spent in manufacturing environment, safety shoes and safety glasses required at that time
INTERNAL TRAINING NEEDS:
- Job Specific Training Criteria (Ref. HR F-013)
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.