POSITION TITLE: Cost Accountant
PAY GRADE: C
DEPARTMENT: Administration (800)
REPORTS TO: Senior Accounting Supervisor
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labour.
- Analysing data and reporting on results.
- Analysing changes in product design, materials, processes to determine impact on costs.
- Comparing and reporting on standard versus actual costs
- Support month end close
- Supports annual physical inventory process
- Supports and recommends process/ERP improvements
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Obtain Enhanced Security Clearance from the Government of Canada
- Maintenance of secure and confidential company information
- Adherence to Colt Canada Corporation’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA designation an asset
- 5+ years related manufacturing accounting/cost accounting experience.
- Must have experience in cost accounting design and implementation for manufacturing.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams and management
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal – All departments/employees
- External – auditors
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUES, CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office environment (Colt Canada and customer) – requires extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and concentration.
- Limited work in manufacturing, assembly, and stores areas – PPE Required
INTERNAL TRAINING NEEDS:
- SOX Procedures
ACCESSIBILITY ON THE JOB
Colt Canada provides accommodation in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.