POSITION TITLE: Technical Illustrator / Graphic Designer
DEPARTMENT: Product Support Engineering
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
- Create product illustrations for user and maintenance manuals with isometric exploded views and parts lists ensuring that documentation is consistent, professional, and technically accurate
- Work with engineering drawings and models to research and verify content for documents.
- Use Photoshop, Corel Draw, SolidWorks Composer and QuarkXPress to create publications.
- Plan, organize and complete illustration tasks in accordance to project priorities set by the customer and management.
- Work very closely with technical writer to ensure appropriate images are included.
- Lay out and draw 2D schematic, perspective, orthographic, or isometric illustrations to depict function, relationship, and assembly-sequence of parts using specialized software and established illustrating standards.
- Understand and interpret specifications, vendor technical documents, engineering 3D models and mechanical drawings and sketches.
- Perform quality control checks of publications package.
- Develop, design, and deliver required marketing materials based on direction of the marketing department, for current product line up, new campaigns, projects, events, website, and social media.
- Support photography production by helping finalize and finish photography. Assist with live shoots for unboxing, maintenance, install and general marketing .
- Ensure brand guidelines are followed to achieve a consistent look and feel
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, and digital records.
- Support Channel Partner marketing needs as required.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience would be an asset.
- Degree in Graphic Design or Illustration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience quoting hours for a project would be an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of blueprints and engineering drawings
- Able to read blueprints and research engineering documentation.
- Requires thorough accuracy, good organization, and strong attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop, Corel Draw, SolidWorks Composer, QuarkXPress, and Madcap Flare would be an asset.
- Highly proficient in creating and editing both print and digital media.
- Experience with creating go-to-market product marketing materials in a B2B environment with hardware products.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once as assigned buy up to two or more departmental leads
- A creative graphic and marketing mindset with the ability to put forward fresh ideas to appeal to our existing customers and attract new customers.